有声英语故事连载:《名人传记》之乔布斯 第48期

So it’s hard to explain, and it’s certainly not the result of one person.

这很难解释,但显然这并不是某个人的成就

I mean people like symbols, so I am the symbol of certain things.

人们喜欢偶象,大家只关注我

But it’s really the team effort on the Mac.

但为Mac奋斗的是整个团队

Now, in my life I observed something fairly early on at Apple,

我以前在苹果就发现一种现象

which … I didn’t know how to explain it then, I felt a lot about sense.

很难表达出来,更像是一种感觉

Most things in life, the dynamic range between average and the best, is at most 2 to 1.

生活中多数东西,最好与普通之间的差距不超过两倍

Like you are in New York city, you get an average Taxi cab driver versus1 the best Taxi cab driver,

好比说纽约的出租车司机

 

you know you would probably get to your destination with the best cab maybe 30% faster, you know in automobile.

最棒的司机与普通司机之间的差距大概是30%,

What’s the difference between an average and the best? Maybe, I don’t know 20%?

最好与普通之间的差距有多大呢?20%?

The best CD player and an average CD player, I don’t know, 20%?

最棒的CD机与普通CD机的差距有多大?20%?

2 to 1 is a big..big dynamic range in most life.

这种差距很少超过两倍

 

In software, and it used to be the case with hardware too. The difference between average and the best is 15 to 1, maybe a 100 to 1, Okay?

但是在软件行业,还有硬件行业,这种差距有可能超过15倍,甚至100倍

Very few things in life are like this.

这种现象很罕见

But what I was lucky enough to spend my life in, is like this,

能进入这个行业,我感到很幸运

and so I built lots of my success of finding these truly gifted people, and not settling for being C players, really going for A players.

我的成功得益于我发现了许多才华横溢、不甘平庸的人才

They really like working with each other, because they never had a chance to do that before,

而且我发现只要召集到五个这样的人,他们就会喜欢上彼此合作的感觉,前所未有的感觉

 

 

SPIIKER二维码