经典名著:《傲慢与偏见(连载41)》

导读

 

《傲慢与偏见》(Pride and Prejudice)是英国女小说家简·奥斯汀的创作的长篇小说。这部作品以日常生活为素材,以反当时社会上流行的感伤小说的内容和矫揉造作的写作方法,生动地反映了18世纪末到19世纪初处于保守和闭塞状态下的英国乡镇生活和世态人情。并多次被改编成电影和电视剧。

 

 

 

 

“How delighted Miss Darcy will be to receive such a letter!”

“达西小姐收到了这样的一封信,将会怎样高兴啊!”

 

He made no answer.

他没有回答。

 

You write uncommonly fast.

“你写信写得这样快,真是少见。”

 

You are mistaken. I write rather slowly.

“你这话可说得不对。我写得相当慢。”

 

How many letters you must have occasion to write in the course of the year! Letters of business too! How odious I should think them!

“你一年里头得写多少封信啊。还得写事务上的信,我看这是够厌烦的吧!”

 

It is fortunate, then, that they fall to my lot instead of to yours.

“这么说,这些信总算幸亏碰到了我,没有碰到你。”

 

“Pray tell your sister that I long to see her.”

“请你告诉令妹,我很想和她见见面。”

 

I have already told her so once, by your desire.

“我已经遵命告诉过她了。”

 

I am afraid you do not like your pen. Let me mend it for you. I mend pens remarkably well.

“我怕你那支笔不大管用了吧。让我来代你修理修理。修笔真是我的拿手好戏。”

 

Thank you - but I always mend my own.

“谢谢你的好意,我一向都是自己修理。”

 

How can you contrive to write so even?

“你怎么写得那么整齐来着?”

 

He was silent.

他没有作声。

 

Tell your sister I am delighted to hear of her improvement on the harp, and pray let her know that I am quite in raptures with her beautiful little design for a table, and I think it infinitely superior to Miss Grantleys.

“请告诉令妹,就说我听到她的竖琴弹得进步了。真觉得高兴,还请你告诉她说,她寄来给我装饰桌子的那张美丽的小图案,我真喜欢极了,我觉得比起格兰特小姐的那张真好得太多了。”

 

Will you give me leave to defer your raptures till I write again? - At present I have not room to do them justice.

“可否请你通融一下,让我把你的喜欢,延迟到下一次写信时再告诉她?这一次我可写不下这么多啦。”

 

Oh! it is of no consequence. I shall see her in January. But do you always write such charming long letters to her, Mr. Darcy?

“噢,不要紧。正月里我就可以跟她见面。不过,你老是写那么动人的长信给她吗,达西先生?”

 

They are generally long; but whether always charming, it is not for me to determine.

“我的信一般都写得很长;不过是否每封信都写得动人,那可不能由我自己来说了。”

 

It is a rule with me, that a person who can write a long letter, with ease, cannot write ill.

“不过我总觉得,凡是写起长信来一挥而就的人,无论如何也不会写得不好。”伊丽莎白在做针线,一面留神地听着达西跟彬格莱小姐谈话。只听得彬格莱小姐恭维话说个不停,不是说他的字写得好,就是说他的字迹一行行很齐整,要不就是赞美他的信写得仔细,可是对方却完全是冷冰冰爱理不理。这两个人你问我答,形成了一段奇妙的对白。照这样看来,伊丽莎白的确没有把他们俩看错。

 

SPIIKER二维码