适合大人读的童话书:《小王子》第54章

小说简介

《小王子》是作家安东尼·德·圣埃克苏佩里于1942写成的著名法国儿童文学短篇小说。本书的主人公是来自外星球的小王子。书中以一位飞行员作为故事叙述者,讲述了小王子从自己星球出发前往地球的过程中,所经历的各种历险。作者以小王子的孩子式的眼光,透视出成人的空虚、盲目和愚妄,用浅显天真的语言写出了人类的孤独寂寞、没有根基随风流浪的命运。同时,也表达出作者对金钱关系的批判,对真善美的讴歌。

 

 

 

章节连载

 

"Men," said the little prince, "set out on their way in express trains, but they do not know what they are looking for."

那些人们出发了,他们往快车里拥挤,但是他们却不知道要寻找什么。

Then they rush about, and get excited, and turn round and round...

于是,他们就忙忙碌碌来回转圈子…”小王子说道。

And he added: "It is not worth the trouble..."

他接着又说:“这没有必要…”

The well that we had come to was not like the wells of the Sahara.

我们终于找到的这口井,不同于撒哈拉的那些井。

The wells of the Sahara are mere holes dug in the sand.

撒哈拉的井只是沙漠中挖的洞。

This one was like a well in a village.

这口井则很象村子中的井。

But there was no village here, and I thought I must be dreaming...

可是,那里又没有任何村庄,我还以为是在做梦呢。

 

 

"It is strange," I said to the little prince. "Everything is ready for use: the pulley, the bucket, the rope... "

真怪,”我对小王子说:“一切都是现成的:辘轳、水桶、绳子…

He laughed, touched the rope, and set the pulley to working.

他笑了,拿着绳子,转动着辘轳。

And the pulley moaned, like an oldweathervane which the wind has long since forgotten.

辘轳就象是一个长期没有风来吹动的旧风标一样,吱吱作响

"Do you hear?" said the little prince. "We have wakened the well, and it is singing... "

你听,”小王子说:“我们唤醒了这口井,它现在唱起歌来了…”

I did not want him to tire himself with the rope. "Leave it to me," I said. "It is too heavy for you."

我不愿让他费劲。我对他说:“让我来干吧。这活对你太重了。”

I hoisted the bucket slowly to the edge of the well and set it there– happy, tired as I was, over my achievement.

我慢慢地把水桶提到井边上。我把它稳稳地放在那里。

The song of the pulley was still in my ears, and I could see the sunlight shimmer in the still trembling water.

我的耳朵里还响着辘轳的歌声。我看见太阳的影子依然还跳动在晃荡的水面上。

"I am thirsty for this water," said the little prince. "Give me some of it to drink... "

正需要喝这种水。”小王子说:“给我喝点…”

 

 

And I understood what he had been looking for.

这时我才明白了他所要寻找的是什么!

I raised the bucket to his lips. He drank, his eyes closed.

我把水桶提到他的嘴边。他闭着眼睛喝水。

It was as sweet as some special festival treat.

就像特别的节日款待一般舒适愉快。

SPIIKER二维码