1. “My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.
2. My expectations were reduced to zero when I was 21. Everything since then has been a bonus.
3. Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet.
4.Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don’t just give up.
5. Life would be tragic if it weren’t funny.
6. I have lived with the prospect of an early death for the last 49 years. I’m not afraid of death, but I’m in no hurry to die. I have so much I want to do first.
7. I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken-down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark.