TED | 韩雪TED英文演讲：积极的悲观主义者
So how to be a positive pessimist. Let me share some experience with you. I know I'm not old enough to tell stories. By these stories really meant to me.
The first one back to 2012,It's the first time I become a TV series producer. But as you know. I am, an the actress and singer. But work as a producer was totally unfamiliar for me. So you remember first I have to be a pessimist. So I had to imagine what will be the worst consequence. I think that was the result must be no one would buy it. And I will lose both my time and money. And the whole investment equal to the revenue I earned by acting for the past few years.
And what about the whole market. You know in China, only 20% of the TV series, can finally sold and brown broadcast on TV. What about the rest 80%？In the past, they just change into, a pipe or of tapes. And now even worse, we just only data left.So I asked myself several times , can you really accept the worst consequences? I think yes, at least, I could try, so I started shooting.
Remember, next step, I have to be positive. Because I am a huge digital fan, I decided to use some high technique to my TV series. So I focused on 4k resolution.
Because before us, only a few groups try to 4k Resolution. They input 4k, but no one really tried to output 4k productions. Because it was really hard. Only director Zhang Yimou was trying in his film, Coming Home, for the first time. And when we finished the shooting work when we entered the post production work ,the real nightmare came.
I still remember we want to output a five-minute trail for Beijing TV Festival. But after a whole day's working until the computer crashed, we just got 50 seconds trails.I was crazy, what can I do ?This is a 30 episodes TV series. I just got 50 seconds, so I asked our counselor, because at that time, our technical support was RED, which is the biggest digital camera company in America. Their feedback was, they use HP base station in America. But we didn't have any HP base station in China. It was too expensive, we can not even afford that.
So we decided to assemble out black apple and we tried the outcome mode from dozens of combinations. After six months work, we succeed. My TV series, The Ladies, became the first TV series Which output real 4k resolution production. And I succeeded in selling it. And with a very good performance on TV.
So after this experience, I learned, don't be afraid to take a huge challenges. You can prepared to lose, but conquer it with grit.