适合大人读的童话书:《小王子》第29章

小说简介

《小王子》是作家安东尼·德·圣埃克苏佩里于1942写成的著名法国儿童文学短篇小说。本书的主人公是来自外星球的小王子。书中以一位飞行员作为故事叙述者,讲述了小王子从自己星球出发前往地球的过程中,所经历的各种历险。作者以小王子的孩子式的眼光,透视出成人的空虚、盲目和愚妄,用浅显天真的语言写出了人类的孤独寂寞、没有根基随风流浪的命运。同时,也表达出作者对金钱关系的批判,对真善美的讴歌。

 

章节连载

 

  

The fourth planet belonged to a businessman. This man was so much occupied that he did not even raise his head at the little prince's arrival.

第四个行星是一个实业家的星球。这个人忙得不可开交,小王子到来的时候,他甚至连头都没有抬一下。

"Good morning," the little prince said to him. "Your cigarette has gone out."

小王子对他说:“您好。您的烟卷灭了。”

Three and two make Five. Five and seven make twelve. Twelve and three make Fifteen.

三加二等于五。五加七等于十二。十二加三等于十五。

Good morning. Fifteen and seven make twenty-two. Twenty-two and six make twenty-eight.

你好。十五加七,二十二。二十二加六,二十八。

I haven't had time to light it again. Twenty-six and Five make thirty-one. Phew! Then that makes five-hundred-and-one-million, six-hundred-twenty-two-thousand, seven-hundred-thirty-one.

没有时间去再点着它。二十六加五,三十一。哎哟!一共是五亿一百六十二万二千七百三十一。

 

 

 

 

"Five hundred million what?" asked the little prince. Eh? Are you still there?

“五亿什么呀?”小王子问。嗯?你还待在这儿那?

Five-hundred-and-one million, I can't stop, I have so much to do!

五亿一百万,我也不知道是什么了。我的工作很多!

I am concerned with matters of consequence.

我是很严肃的。

I don't amuse myself with balderdash. Two and Five make seven...

我可是从来也没有功夫去闲聊!二加五得七…

"Five-hundred-and-one million what?" repeated the little prince, who never in his life had let go of a question once he had asked it.

“五亿一百万什么呀?”小王子重复问道。一旦他提出了一个问题,是从来也不会放弃的。

The businessman raised his head. During the Fifty-four years that I have inhabited this planet, I have been disturbed only three times.

这位实业家抬起头说。我住在这个星球上五十四年以来,只被打搅过三次。

 

 

 

 

The First time was twenty-two years ago, when some giddy goose fell from goodness knows where.

第一次是二十二年前,不知从哪里跑来了一只金龟子来打搅我。

He made the most frightful1 noise that resounded all over the place, and I made four mistakes in my addition.

它发出一种可怕的噪音,使我在一笔帐目中出了四个差错。

The second time,eleven years ago, I was disturbed by an attack of rheumatism.

第二次,在十一年前,是风湿病发作,

I don't get enough exercise.

因为我缺乏锻炼所致。

I have no time for loafing.

我没有功夫闲逛。我可是个严肃的人。

The third time - well, this is it!

现在……这是第三次!

I was saying, then, Five-hundred-and-one millions...

我计算的结果是五亿一百万……

SPIIKER二维码