英文漫画 |《纽约客》的生活洞察

《纽约客》(The New Yorker),也译作《纽约人》,是一份美国知识、文艺类的综合杂志。在纽约,想进入大都会社会圈子,你就必须读一读《纽约客》。《纽约客》中的故事和评论为人们的聊天设定纲要。《纽约客》写什么,人们就谈论什么。

《纽约客》主要刊登短篇小说和诗歌,以及幽默小品和漫画作品,以非虚构作品展现纽约大都市生活的方方面面。

今天分享给大家的这10幅漫画,便是通过漫画阐述了生命的真相。一起来看看吧~

 

 

Wife: I’m not angry, I’m only terribly hurt!

妻子:我没有生气,我只是感觉受到了深深的伤害。


 

“This toy is designed to hasten the child’s adjustment to the world around him. No matter how carefully he puts it together, it won’t work.”

这套玩具是为了让小孩子尽快适应真实世界而设计的。

无论他多么仔细地组装玩具,最后都会失败。

 

 

“Seventeen major European cities in twenty-one days.”

他们要在 21 天内逛完 17 个欧洲主要城市。


 


“My dear child! You don’t want a divorce just yet—wait until the right man comes along.”

亲爱的孩子,先别离婚……

等新的好男人出现之后再离。

 

 

“Say, we pandas are cute!”

看,我们熊猫多可爱!

 

 

“No, not there, please. That’s where I’m going to put my head.”

不,请别放在那里。那是我放脑袋的地方。

 

 

I just go damn well fed up with being formal all the time.

我实在是受够了要一直穿正装。

 

 

You never looked at me that way!

你从来没有用那样的眼神看过我。

 

 

“When he leaves, I’m in charge.”

他走了之后,我就是这里的老大。

 

  

“Good evening. I am Martha’s son by a previous marriage.”

晚上好,我是玛莎前一段婚姻的儿子。

SPIIKER二维码