有声英语故事连载:《名人传记》之乔布斯 第33期

故事连载

 

We never thought of this before, so we then kicked this around,

我们从没想过出售整机,不过还是答应了

we thought “Why not? Why not try this?”

何乐而不为呢?

And so I spent the next several days on the phone talking with electronic parts distributors,

我花了好几天打电话联系电子元件批发商,告诉对方需要哪些零件

we didn’t know what we were doing, and we said, “look, here is the parts that we need.”

我们完全是摸着石头过河

We figured we’d buy a hundred sets of parts, build 50, sell them to the Byte Shop for twice what they cost us to build them, therefore paying for the whole hundred and

我们打算买100套零件,做好后以两倍的成本价卖给字节商店50台

 

then we have 50 left so we could make our profits by selling those.

剩下50台就是我们的利润

So we convince these distributors to give us the parts on next 30 days credit.

我们说服批发商赊给我们零件

We have no idea what that meant... “30? sure... sign in here”, so we have 30 days to pay them.

30天后还款。我俩就这样懵懵懂懂地拿到了零件

So we bought the parts, we built the products and we sold 50 of them to the Byte Shop in Palo Alto,

Apple I做好后,卖了50台给字节商店

and got paid in 29 days and went to pay off the parts people in 30 days.

29天才收到账款,第30天正好付清赊零件的钱

And so we were in business, but we have the classic Marxian profit realization crisis,

我们就这样做起了生意,不过也碰到利润危机

the profit wasn’t in liquid currency, our profit was in 50 computers sitting in the corner.

我们的利润不是现金,而是堆在角落的50台电脑

So then all of a sudden, we had to think, wow, how we gonna realize our profit?

我们不得不考虑如何实现利润

So we started thinking about distribution, are there any other computer stores?

我们想继续寻找批发商,是不是还有其他计算机商店?

 

We started calling the other computer stores we had heard across the country.

我们打电话给全国的计算机商店

We just kind of eased into business that way.

就这样做起了生意

The third key figure in the creation of Apple was the former Intel executive Mike Markkula.

苹果的第三位关键创始人是英特尔前高管Mike Markkula

I ask Steve how he came aboard.

我问Steve他是怎么入伙的

SPIIKER二维码