荐影 | 《英国病人》
本期必小编想给大家推荐一部经典作品,《英国病人》是一部在97年获得9座奥斯卡金像奖奖杯的经典影片,它改编自同名小说,作者是加拿大小说家迈克尔·翁达杰,这本小说于1992年获得英国布克奖,且在刚刚过去的7月份获金布克奖。
书里是四个性格迥异的人 —— 个看不出烧伤的病人、他的加拿大籍护士、一个工兵和一个小偷,相聚在意大利一栋废弃别墅里,影片也通过时空交错的两条叙述线展开一场以战争和沙漠为背景的爱情悲剧。
接下来是电影里的一些节选台词,一起来欣赏吧~
My darling, I'm waiting for you.
亲爱的,我在等你。
How long is a day in the dark? Or a week?
不见天日的一天会有多长?一周呢?
The fire is gone now,and I'm horribly cold.
火熄灭了,我觉得寒风刺骨。
I really ought to drag myself outside, but then there'd be the sun.
我真想拖着病体到外面去外面阳光普照。
I'm afraid I waste the light on the paintings and on writing these words.
我很抱歉我将电筒里的电都浪费在了看这些画,还有给你写信上。
We die. We die rich with lovers and tribes, tastes we have swallowed, bodys we have entered...and swum up like rivers.
我们都会死我们与爱人、家族一同,魂归天国,我们嘴里都有对方的味道,我们曾经灵欲合一在爱河里畅游。
Fears we've hidden in, like this wretched cave. I want all this marked on my body.
内心的恐惧像这幽暗的山洞,我要把这些永远铭刻在身体上。
We are the real countries. Not the boundaries drawn on maps, the names of powerful men.
我们的国家是实在的,不是画在地图上的边界被用强人的姓名命名。
I know you'll come and carry me out into the palace of winds.
我知道你会回来,把我抱起迎风屹立。
That's all I've wanted, to walk in such a place with you, with friends on an earth without maps.
我已别无所求,只想跟着你漫步天国,与朋友们一同去一方没有地图的乐土。
The lamp's gone out, and I'm writing... in the darkness.
油尽灯枯了,我在黑暗中,默默写着...