适合大人读的童话书:《小王子》第46章

小说简介

《小王子》是作家安东尼·德·圣埃克苏佩里于1942写成的著名法国儿童文学短篇小说。本书的主人公是来自外星球的小王子。书中以一位飞行员作为故事叙述者,讲述了小王子从自己星球出发前往地球的过程中,所经历的各种历险。作者以小王子的孩子式的眼光,透视出成人的空虚、盲目和愚妄,用浅显天真的语言写出了人类的孤独寂寞、没有根基随风流浪的命运。同时,也表达出作者对金钱关系的批判,对真善美的讴歌。

 

章节连载

 

"Oh, but this is not on the Earth!" said the little prince.

啊,这不是在地球上的事。”小王子说。

The fox seemed perplexed, and very curious.

狐狸感到十分蹊跷

On another planet?

在另一个星球上?

Yes.

是的。

Are there hunters on this planet?

在那个星球上,有猎人吗?

No.

没有。

Ah, that is interesting! Are there chickens?

这很有意思。那么,有鸡吗?

No.

没有。

 

 

"Nothing is perfect,"sighed the fox.

没有十全十美的。”狐狸叹息地说道。

But he came back to his idea.

可是,狐狸又把话题拉回来:

"My life is very monotonous," the fox said.

我的生活很单调

I hunt chickens; men hunt me.

我捕捉鸡,而人又捕捉我。

All the chickens are just alike, and all the men are just alike.

所有的鸡全都一样,所有的人也全都一样。

And, in consequence, I am a little bored.

因此,我感到有些厌烦了。

But if you tame me, it will be as if the sun came to shine on my life.

但是,如果你要是驯服了我,我的生活就一定会是欢快的。

 

 

I shall know the sound of a step that will be different from all the others.

我会辨认出一种与众不同的脚步声。

Other steps send me hurrying back underneath the ground.

其他的脚步声会使我躲到地下去

Yours will call me, like music, out of my burrow.

而你的脚步声就会象音乐一样让我从洞里走出来。

And then look: you see the grain-fields down yonder?

再说,你看!你看到那边的麦田没有?

I do not eat bread. Wheat is of no use to me.

我不吃面包,麦子对我来说,一点用也没有。

The wheat fields have nothing to say to me. And that is sad.

我对麦田无动于衷。而这,真使人扫兴。

But you have hair that is the colour of gold.

但是,你有着金黄色的头发。

Think how wonderful that will be when you have tamed me!

那么,一旦你驯服了我,这就会十分美妙。

The grain, which is also golden, will bring me back the thought of you. And I shall love to listen to the wind in the wheat...

麦子,是金黄色的,它就会使我想起你。而且,我甚至会喜欢那风吹麦浪的声音…

The fox gazed at the little prince, for a long time.

狐狸沉默不语,久久地看着小王子。

"Please tame me!" he said.

请你驯服我吧!”他说。

"I want to, very much," the little prince replied.

我是很愿意的。”小王子回答道,

But I have not much time. I have friends to discover, and a great many things to understand.

可我的时间不多了。我还要去寻找朋友,还有许多事物要了解。

"One only understands the things that one tames," said the fox.

只有被驯服了的事物,才会被了解。”狐狸说,

Men have no more time to understand anything. They buy things all ready made at the shops.

人不会再有时间去了解任何东西的。他们总是到商人那里去购买现成的东西。

But there is no shop anywhere where one can buy friendship, and so men have no friends any more.

因为世界上还没有购买朋友的商店,所以人也就没有朋友。

If you want a friend, tame me.

如果你想要一个朋友,那就驯服我吧!

"What must I do, to tame you?" asked the little prince. "You must be very patient," replied the fox.

那么应当做些什么呢?”小王子说。“应当非常耐心。”

"First you will sit down at a little distance from me like that in the grass.

狐狸回答道,开始你就这样坐在草丛中,坐得离我稍微远些

I shall look at you out of the corner of my eye, and you will say nothing. Words are the source of misunderstandings.

我用眼角瞅着你,你什么也不要说。话语是误会的根源。

But you will sit a little closer to me, every day...

但是,每天,你坐得靠我更近些…

SPIIKER二维码